What do you want?, Where do we use? and how much we want to spend? These are the three main questions we have to ask before buying a computer.
The first thing you should consider when purchasing a computer is the use to which it will provide. Not the same team for personal and family leisure one that used to work, as you need to keep in mind if you are going to use located in a fixed place or whether to carry around all day or Travel. Leaving aside the compact and tablet (which we will discuss in future articles) options range from desktop computer to laptop.
If no one is needed to facilitate mobility, the best option is the desktop computer. The options for customizing are many: you can choose between a brand name clone or will be installed by the user, purchasing the components separately. In any case, you should always keep in mind that while buying the latest technology, soon hit the market better and sometimes even cheaper.
Therefore, before purchasing a computer or renovating the old one, you should pay special attention to the following components:
- Number of cores, processor speed and brand
- Capacity, type and number of hard drives
- Number and speed of the RAM
- Number of RAM, type and brand of graphics card
- Reader-Writer CD, DVD or Blu-ray
- Monitor, keyboard, mouse
- Rest of connections (Bluetooth, WiFi, HDMI, number and type of USB card reader …)
There is an almost unlimited number of configurations between different components. The most powerful, modern and brands will increase the cost of the equipment, so it is advisable to compare the different offers to choose who provides better quality for less money.
Notebook: size does matter
Size-weight, autonomy and functionality are the main features to be taken into account for the acquisition of this type of computer.
- Size-weight. If we opt for a laptop is because we’re moving with it. The more comfortable to transport are from ten to fourteen inches, plus ultrafine threatening the hegemony of traditional laptops.
- Autonomy. Not always easily accessible to a socket, so it is important that the laptop is efficient in terms of autonomy and battery. Most computers have a battery life of between four and six hours.
- Features. The configuration of these devices is more limited than desktop computers, we can mount component, but it is important that we look at the type of microprocessor, RAM, graphics card, hard drive and the number and type of connections offer.
It’s best if you do not have many computer skills, is to be guided by comparative studies published in specialized magazines about computers, and performing independent bodies, such as article of the Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) with the assessment of the best laptops of 2012, for example.
How to save?
- “Look, compare and if you find something better … buy it”. Consumers demand the three “B”: good, nice, cheap. And to buy a computer also can apply this maxim. How? Looking and comparing. Although it sounds like a cliché this is the best way to find the desired equipment at the lowest price.
- Term of sales and special offers at shops and department stores. Fantastic week, on VAT, the summer sales and winter are the best times to access a computer cheaply, especially if you know what the original price was promotional season.
- Internet. Virtual stores, with Amazon leading the way, can help you save money. Yes, well look at the characteristics of computers that offer, you must take into account the shipping costs.
The price of a computer does not have to be a disorder on the wallet. You can finance your purchase and pay in easy installments with credit according to the needs of each user. In this way, you can get the best equipment without imposing a great economic effort. Also, computer shops, department stores and computer companies facilitate the purchase of computers with discounts and deferred payments.
Other agencies also help the buyer. This is the case of the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, which, to promote the use of ICTs through recourse to the Loan Plan Avanza Digital Citizenship and Youth and College Loan.